- The opening ceremony of the “Public Financial Management Training: Improving Public Service Delivery through Enhanced Fiscal Decentralization” was graced by the Hon’ble Finance
Minister on 25th December, 2018 at the Royal Institute of Management (RIM).
- The four day training program is exclusively for the Accounts Assistants from all the budgetary
agencies of the country.
- The objective of this training program is to bring together all key players in the Public Financial Management (PFM) and update knowledge on some of the new initiatives and development in the entire PFM process and systems.
- This platform will provide an opportunity to discuss and deliberate on emerging issues and challenges faced by the finance personnel while carrying out responsibilities and functions on daily basis in the field.
- Apart for the sessions by the Ministry of Finance, the Royal Civil Service Commission (RCSC), Royal Audit Authority (RAA), Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) and National Pension and Provident Fund (NPPF) will also make presentation to the participants during the course of the training.
- Around 570 Accounts Assistants will participate in the four day training program from December 25-28, 2018.
- The training program is funded under a TA grant from Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- The training program will conclude on 28th December 2018.
1,772 total views
DEDICATED CIVIL SERVICE AWARD 2018
The Ministry of Finance has organized the Civil Service Award ceremony for the year 2018 on 11 December 2018. The award ceremony was graced by Hon’ble Finance Secretary Dasho Nim Dorji who was also one of the recipients of the Gold medal for his 30 years of distinguished career in the civil service.
Addressing the ceremony, the Hon’ble Secretary informed the gathering that the civil service award is initiated by the government upon the command of His Majesty the King for the recognition of distinguished contribution and hard work of all the recipients. The Hon’ble Secretary further emphasized that it is an excellent opportunity for recipients and all other employees of Ministry of Finance to pay tribute and rededicate our commitment and loyalty to serve Tsa-Wa-Sum. The Hon’ble Secretary and his team congratulated all the award recipients.
The total of 103 employees has been awarded the service award under four categories;
Lifetime service award for 8 employees
Dedicated service award (30 years) for 20 employees (Gold)
Dedicated service award (20 years) for 20 employees (Silver)
Dedicated service award (10 years) for 55 employees (Bronze)
***CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN***
3,069 total views
The Accounting and Auditing Standards Board of Bhutan, Ministry of Finance hereby issue “Letter of Intent to Award” for consultancy services to review Bhutanese Accounting Standards (BAS) Phase I and II implementation by companies; identify challenges; provide recommendations to address the challenges and to provide training on BAS.
1,277 total views