475 total views, 1 views today
540 total views, 1 views today
- The Ministry of Finance in coordination with the Royal Civil Service Commission has launched the piloting of Cluster Finance Services in Paro and Bumthang Dzongkhags.
- Hon’ble Finance Minister, Lyonpo Namgay Tshering graced the launch event at Paro on 8th April, 2021.
- This initiative is carried out as a part of overall public financial management (PFM) reforms to strengthen fiscal discipline and to provide efficient finance and accounting services in budgetary bodies.
- The objective of this initiative is based on the concept of sharing of services.
- It will bring together all finance personnel working in various regional/autonomous/branch offices under one cluster office in each region/Dzongkhag. However, this initiative does not include the Finance Sections of the Dzongkhag administration.
- All finance services would be catered from the office of Cluster Finance Services irrespective of the location of the agencies.
- The initiative will optimize and rationalize the deployment of finance personnel and eliminate the current practice of their placement in individual agencies.
- This initiative is expected to enhance prudent fiscal discipline through proper check and control mechanism, and institute adequate internal control system in the agencies.
- It is also expected to improve the performance and delivery of finance services through enhanced efficiency of finance personnel and standardized service delivery across agencies.
- This initiative will be implemented on pilot basis for regional offices under Paro and Bumthang Dzongkhags until June this year and will be rolled out in Thimphu and other Dzongkhags in a phased manner from July 2021.
- The pilot initiative is being carried out with the financial support of multi-donor fund (MDF) contributed by the European Union (EU) and Austrian Development Agency (ADA), and administered by the World Bank (WB).
452 total views
491 total views, 1 views today
400 total views, 1 views today